As promised, here are some updates regarding Project: Stonehammer that I announced starting back in May. After numerous sketches I finally decided to go with this simple design. This is sort of what the Stonehammer looks like, although creating it in clay is a lot harder than drawing it (especially when making it into a key-chain!) and I would suppose the haft to perhaps be a little longer.
What you see here is the raw version, just some clay that I picked up this morning on the way to work. I made the hammer in around 30-40 minutes during my lunch hour and added a few runic glyphs throughout the afternoon as the clay began to air-dry. The key-chain ‘loop’ that you see was made using an ordinary paper clip, inserted into the hammer’s haft, thus providing it with some extra support as well as creating the necessary link.
I quite like the natural look it currently has although I will probably make a couple more and use them to experiment with colour. A nice glaze over the natural clay might be better, we shall have to see!
Of course, since I made this today it meant that nothing much was done on Chapter 11! However, my notebook was previously engaged with the task of ‘memory-learning’ my batteries (to maintain maximum capacity — I had just passed the three-month period) so I thought I would take a brief time-out to do some other work. Still, I’ll be back, quill in hand (of a sort), tomorrow!